Saturday, November 21, 2009

SD Turn A Gundam- Completed!


Finally got this little kit yesterday after a few months of searching! I'm not a big fan of the Turn A series, but I always like the Turn A design and well, the SD verson is just awesome. Got it with some other Mr Hobby paints at the trusty Hobby Point at Century Square which I frequent almost every month. Actually, I wanted to visit AFA09, but well, I thought it's kinda expensive, so I decided to drop by at Century Square and take a look there ^^

When you open the box, you will get a small instruction manual, and of course, a bunch of sprews and foil stickers ^^

It's quite rare to see clear parts in early SD kits. What's more, this kit even came with a metal chain for the Gundam Hammer!

And when I was looking through the manual, I spot something that's pretty interesting. From the picture above, I figured that the Kapool, Shining Gundam, Gundam Wing and Gundam X are combined to be designed as the Turn A Gundam!
Completed the kit this morning. It's a really cute SD kit ^^

Front view. The famous head design of it just looks awesome.

Rear view.
Articulation isn't a bunch for this kit, but the acessories it come with, makes up for it!

Beam rifle and a small Gundam shield ^^


The "burst mode" version of the beam saber actually only requires the clear beam part to slide into the white beam saber part. Not bad ^^

Gundam Hammer! Nice looking chain there ^^

The last accessory it came with is an extra chest part for the missiles on the chest. I'm too lazy to detail the missiles... hehe... But still, it looks pretty cool.

A small comparison with the Granddaddy of all, SD RX-78-2 Gundam!
So yeah, overall this kit is pretty cool!
Advantages: Nice looking, lots of accessories (even comes with clear beam part!).
Disadvantages: Lack of articulation.
I'm really happy to get this kit. I've been searching for so long and I finally got it! Hehe... another nice SD kit added to my collection ^^

Till the next post!

Sneak preview:


^^

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's really cool and cute!!!

December 14, 2014 at 6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home