Wednesday, November 4, 2009

HGUC Full Armour Gundam 7th WIP Part 1

Just came back from my school dentist, and well, I got seriously owned by the dentist O_O No extraction though, but the scaling part was already... uhh... terrible =(


Anyway, lets cut the crap and start with the kit! Well, I wanted to take a break from all the hardcore paintings for my Sangokuden and I thought building a HG kit would be a good one. I actually wanted to do the 0 Gundam at first, but I was quite pumped to build the FA 7th after seeing its manual =)

So here's a pose of the FA 7th, really bulky and detailed mech. I liked the shield and giant cannon on the back, looks amazing =)

Here's the bunch of trees you get from the kit. Not bad ^^ So well, lets start with the building.

Can you see those marks on the side? They are really a pain to get rid off. I had to shave it with a art knife and sand it down but the mark is still there O_O I guess I still need more experience here. Anyway, to cover the marks, I tried to use Gundam Marker over it but you still can see the marks.

Alright so here is some panel lining. The oil-based panel liner made the line so thick and it just goes over the line. Don't really like the look of that. So what I did, was to just use an eraser and rub the excess ink. And the results?

Thinner lines! However, the eraser couldn't rub the ink at the very corner of the line, but that can be solved by using toothpicks ^^

After a hour or two, the heads and arms are finally completed! Lots of lining, shaving and sanding to do, but the overall results are awesome!

I wanted to leave the lower part of the kit till next time, but after seeing the front skirts, I have a sudden urge to seperate them and build the waist.

Ta-da! Front skirts seperated using pliers and art knife. I'm kinda afraid to do this at first but I still gotta try and the results are pretty good. However, I had to trim some of the excess plastics on the ball joints off to make it fit the hole.

Individual movable front skirts! Pretty good, but I kinda regret not doing this to my HG 0 Gundam Type A.C.D.
So yeah, that's it for the FA 7th Unit for now, till the next post!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home