Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Why Gunpla?

Many people asked me what is so fun about Gundams, Gunplas, robot thingies and some say it's childish and lame. Oh well, all I can say that it's my hobby. I just love making those kits and painting them, even though it can get pretty tired sometimes, the end results of a successful kit just puts a smile on your face. And yep, I would sometimes play them (childish?). Well, I guess you guys can say that I buy kits to decorate and play =)

How it started? I started Gundam-ing, or Gunpla-ing in 2006, yeah, not really long ago. And well, it's KF and KL who got me into this! (Blame them for all the money I spent!) LOL JKJK Anyways, my first ever kit was the NG 1/144 scale Freedom Gundam. I was so into the SEED Series back then and I bought a kit or 2(HG SEED Series) every week. I went to the net, dig info about Gundams, Gunplas and I was so excited and happy whenever a new model comes out.

After SEED, I went on to Destiny and Astray. I had really crappy skills back then, there are seam lines almost every where and stickers are always not fitted properly. There's once when I got Stargazer and I lost one of it's Volture Lumiere sticker and I didn't care, bad modelling attitude huh? But I just continued to pose it happily and try out all its features. O.O I never dared to try MG but I eventually got 1. I guess a modeler had to at least try a MG once in a lifetime heh?

What's the next level? Gundam 00 and Sangokuden are the series where I got serious about Gunpla-ing. I bought tons of 00 kits and Sango kits. I didnt like the look of unpainted Sango kits and I went on to get markers, which makes the first step of my painting skills last December. No doubt, the first few paint jobs are crap, no Top Coat, no lining, just plain meta colours. Hah, and now I came to bottle paints, sanding and light mods after lining and top coating. It's another level for me, difficult from the start, but I hope I can get as good as the pro modelers one fine day.

Talking about pro modelers, there are many out there. Some are awesome reviewers and some are just modders with skills that I can never imagine of. The reason of this post? Chubbybots inspired me to. He's one awesome modeler, even though he might not know who am I, I just admire his great skills in Gunpla-ing.

Will it end? I guess I will never stop this great hobby. Even if I'm broke, a simple Sango kit in a month or 2 will do, just makes use of simple tools and paints and it just becomes one awesome kit. The upcoming kits are really exciting, just SDs and HGs makes me go crazy for them.

And well that's it for this post, I had already exceed my computer time, AGHH!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home