Sunday, November 1, 2009

SD Mokaku Gundam WIP 3- Completed!

Finally! After a few days of work, Mokaku is completed! Phew.... Anyway, before the posing and stuff, I got some problems with it while weathering it.

All right, so here is the feet of Mokaku. See the crack on the side? Well, the piece broke off. I was like "WTH?!" when it came off as I thought it was only a scratch. I never thought it'd came off 0.0 Anyway, I glued it, filed the excess glue and then weathered it.

After everything, I tested the feet joint, and well, it worked pretty well. Hmm.... I think I overdid the weathering on the ankle guards...

After another few hours and top coating.... It's finally completed! I really like the results, but I still think I can do a better job with my art knife... oh well =D Anyway, it's all posing and action now!


Rear View.
Nothing much behind, but I'm really satisfied with the weathering on the rings on the back.

As a martial artists, I can bet this guy can kick some serious ass in the battlefield even without any weapons!

Even when he loses, he can always cheat =D So yeah, you must always have a backup plan for everything you do heh?

But even when you lose after all the backup plans you have, don't be so mean to use a snowball.....

And throw it straight to your enemy's face! SMACK!!!
Haha, so that's it for Mokaku, with this, the All Sangokuden Project is about 40% completed! I'm currently working on Shuutai and Zhu Rong, so yeah, you are gotta see them soon here.
For now, lets see what I got for my trip to Hobby Art Gallery yesterday! Hmm.... HAG is a really nice place to get Gunplas, good deals, good varieties. The funny thing is, the boxes doesn't come with plastic wraps, and some of them don't even have price tags. Anyway, the shop also displays many awesome works of different modelers. Some of them which I think, were past competition champion entries! Sheesh... after so much talking, lets get back to the loot I got. First off......!!!!

SD Kyou-I F91! It's such an awesome model, I've been aiming for it since last month, and i got it just a few days after its release date! Getting new models so fast are kinda rare for me.

Up next is HGUC Gundam FA 7th Unit! I wasn't aiming for this at first because HG Trans-Am Raiser and HG Seravee GNHW/B are all that I thought of, but after a second thought, I decided to get it... at a price of $26! 2nd HGUC kit of the year, guess Sazabi needs some warm-ups before clashing with Nu Gundam!

Other than the kits above, I also got myself some tools. Sandpaper 1000, art knife (Finally!) and a bottle of Mr. Metal color Iron =)
So yeah, these kits are gonna make me real busy during the holidays, not forgetting my HG Gaddess, HG Arios GNHW/M, HG Reborns, HG 0 Gundam, SD 0 Gundam, SD Zhu Rong, SD Shuutai and SD TaiShiCi Dom!!!! Ahhh....
Anyway, that's it for now, till the next post!

2 Comments:

Blogger Porcupine said...

Nice weathering there!
Did you mod the joints?

November 2, 2009 at 10:01 PM  
Blogger TurbyToddler said...

Thx alot! Erm... nope, I don't mod them =)

November 5, 2009 at 12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home