Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sangokuden Gaiden

Sango Gai is quite a nice series, nice designs, cool spin-off of the actual series. At first, I thought Sango Gai would be one real good line of model kits. Just like the actual Sango series, cool features, nice articulations, awesome design. I saw several images of Ryuuho and Shuutai just before it was being released. My first impression was like,"Wow, so small, where's the normal articulations from the actual series??!" and I thought it's gonna be one pathetic line of SD kits. However, I was kinda wrong. I am sure I would not buy the line of kits at first but after seeing how awesome the promotion was at the Gundam Fiesta, I thought that maybe it's worth a try, after all, it just cost a little more than 10 bucks. I was kinda pissed when I saw the price, such a small kit with the same price as usual SDs now, with less articulations, but the box art did really impressed me, and well the box art is one of the reason why I got tempted to get it.

After getting the kit and finsihing it and all that stuff, I had to say I have no regrets. Ryuuho is a really nice add on to the current line. Just by putting more effort on painting, sanding and touching up on them just works wonders. Even though there were some problems like lack of articulation and loose parts, they can be fixed easily.

I also got Shuutai just to follow the trend and see how good it is with Ryuuho, but also to also test out Mr.Hobby bottle paints. I got the paints and they really stink to high heavens but there's no doubt that they give a really good finish to your model. Shuutai is still in the making, got most of the parts done, and well, it's better than Ryuuho! Firstly, it comes with elbow joints (which is a great add in) and secondly, the features it have are just really good. It's not the best kit around but it's worth to get it.

And well, here's what I found out recently. Firstly, Ryuuho doesnt have much articulations and only comes with a couple of armours. Then, Shuutai came with elbow joints, and awesome features. Then, Kyocho came with waist joint but no elbow joints. And Juniku came with the same pathetic articulations as Ryuuho, BUT it comes with a awesome cannon thingy. So well, Bandai is kinda trying to improve this kits by adding new features when each kit are being released.

And I got to say the upcoming kits looks a hell alot better than the ones now. Yue Jin is already in my list of Gaiden kits. Batai and Bashoku looks cool and identical, so I might just get one of them. Guess I would have to skip Kyoco and Juniku. And yeah, I really hope Bandai will continue to improve the Gaiden series kits. I really hope all this improvements and stuff will be all featured in the Turn-X guy. If so, I would definitely get it.

Till then I still got a crap load of Gunplas not done and not yet bought.
Not done: HG Gaddess, HG 0 Gundam, SD Meng Huo Set, HG Arios GNHW/M, SD 0 Gundam, SD Shuutai.
Not bought or not released: HG Reborns Gundam, HG Cherudim GNHW/R, HG Seravee GNGW/B, HG Masurao, SD Chi You, SD Sun Ce, SD Emperor Sonken, SD Yue Jin, SD Kyou-I, SD Taishiji Dom, HG 00 Raiser with GN Sword III.
Yep, that's all, just a random post, gotta study Home-Econs later =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home