Saturday, October 24, 2009

SD Mokaku WIP Part 2

Alright, finally it's part 2 of the WIP. Spent the whole Saturday afternoon on the kit, and sad to say, it's still no completed =P Anyway, I stopped at the gold parts in the previous post, and now, I'd be continuing on some smaller details and weathering (again).
Lets start with some panel-lining first ^^

Mokaku's V-Fin is one of my favourite of all other fins from other kits. Nice monster (monster?) face on the fin and the details are just awesome. I just used a oil-based panel liner and trace out the lines. Looks really good now =D

The clear green orb on the chest is also painted and lined. The clear green just look fantastic on the chest. It'd be even better if HG 00 kits have clear green parts since SDs already have them =P

I also cleaned up the shoulder armours. The one on the left is being cleaned and lined while the one on the right isn't.
After 2 to 3 hours of painting, lining and drying, it finally came to weathering. I only weathered some parts as the rest are not completed. I found some tips of dry-brushing on the net and decided to try it out. I don't know if this looks good to others and even if the method I used is correct. but here's the results.

I made a few scratch marks on it and then dry-brush it. For the gold parts, I used grey for the dry-brushing as I thought the gold is already shiny enough to cover up the silver weathering. I then used silver for the dry brushing on the rest of the parts =)

I kinda like the results on the V-Fin and the mask. The mouth was a little screwed as I accidentally smudged the red on the chin, causing the mouth to be so bloody. I tried cleaning it up but there's still a stain there O_o

You can see two obvious scratch marks on the body yeah? I didn't really like the one under the orb, the scratch doesn't look convincing to me. The vent one is okay... but I think it ain't perfect =( Also, i think I overdid the weathering on the shoulder, looks burnt 0.0

After everything, it's finally time to pack up. Spent almost 6 hours on Gunpla-ing today. Having backaches now... too much sitting and bending... Anyway, that's it for now, till the next post!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home