Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Series Of Weathering Failure

Finally taking a break after so much Gunpla-ing during the weekends. Well, since there's not much stuff for me to do, I decided to show some of my weathered Gunplas I did last time. Sadly, they don't look good to me.
Lets start with the worst..

Screwed up Keroro!, Really screwed.... Actually I didn't wanted to do this but since it's arms broke off, I think there's no point to display it without arms, which resulted in this. Yeahh... it looks bad, even Gunso-san needs bandage O_O
Heavy weathering = Epic FAIL

SD Stargazer! Looks okay to me, at least it's alot better than Gunso-san up there. Hmm... you can see a hole in at the cockpit and you might think it's already a direct shot to the cockpit and the suit miraculously survived? Yep, I guess Selene and Sol got really lucky to survive that.

Up next is the Ahead! Another broken kit of mine. I don't even know how I broke the leg joint when I was just posing it to stand O_O  Anyways, the first look of it already reveals that it had gone through some serious bad ass battle.

Another look and you can see the left thruster, left side skirt are all gone. The GN-Drive Tau has a scratch, hmm.... not convincing to me..

A big hole at the GN-Drive Tau, GN Particles are seriously leaking!

I wanted to do something like Exia Repair's head but well, I gave up the idea as by doing so, a few pegs might be broken and it's very risky. I decided to just gave it a half-burnt look, somewhat like Seravee's beam shot right pass its face.

Some scratches on the arm. Hmm... I think these two are okay, still have room for improvement.
Light weathering = Passable?

HG Strike Rogue, a unpainted kit that I found lying in one of my boxes. I was quite bored then and decided to try out some weathering. Used some of my own dry brushing method, and made a few scratch marks on it. I also attached a Aile Striker pack that has no wings to it.

Some scratches here and there with a conked-up vent beside the head.

The shield is pretty big and many stuff can be do to it. I did some scratch marks (again) onto it and stopped there. (I'm actually tempted to cut the whole shield into half, O_O)

Some scratches here and there (again). Oops, spotted a seam line on the thighs, how embarrasing D=

Alright, so that's about it for the Rogue! Don't think that it's piloted by Cagalli and is already so worn out means that it's nothing serious. This guy still can pack a punch real hard!
And with that, I've come to an end to this post. Guess I really gotta learn alot from these past failures to do a good job on my Mokaku. That's it for now, gotta go decide what to eat for lunch, Fish Soup or KFC? LOL
Till the next post!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home