Saturday, January 30, 2010

HGUC Unicorn Gundam (Destroy mode)- Completed!

Phew! Finally completed this kit. It had been a pretty hectic week in school. I'm so busy that I barely have enough time for Gunplas. Haha, anyway, lets get to the kit now!
Front view.
Rear view.
The design of the destroy mode has always been one of my favourites. It is very unique and amazing. ^^ Like what I heard somewhere before, I agree that the Unicorn's destroy mode is much more realistic than Celestial Being's suits going Trans-Am. The Unicorn armour just opens and reveals sparkling pink parts instead of the whole suit glowing in red.
The head of the Unicorn is really cool. It has a clear pink piece inside the head which can be seen from the vents and the chin. ^^ And this time, I hand painted the eyes rather than using stickers as I accidentally screwed the sticker up. But still, I'm pretty satisfied with the look of the eyes.
The torso does not resemble any other ones from a Gundam. Instead of the traditional red, blue and white, The white armour split open to reveal clear pink pieces inside. Very nice. ^^
 
The arms are better than the previous Unicorn in its unicorn mode. For some reasons, the one from the unicorn mode has a very loose joint and it tends to split apart when rotating it side to side. However, this does not happen for this guy. The arms are solid and because of the transformation, the beam sabers on the side of the arms can be rotated down to be beam tonfas!
The front skirts for the waist are rather dissapointing to me. I always thought that the armour pieces will pop out to reveal those pink parts, however, they are just flat there. The thrusters on the back skirts are also pretty loose. They are secured there but with just a little push to it, the whole thruster goes hidden in the back skirts.
The legs on this guy are really tall. It increases the height of the Unicorn and well, those knees look awesome!
I tried painting those beam saber holders and thrusters with grey and a tinge of blue to it. However, those parts still look grey to me. Still, the backpack looks really great with those armours and pink parts inside.

For accessories, this kit came with a simple beam rifle, an ammo pack, a shield and 4 beam saber holders. However, there are no beam effect parts for this kit at all.
 
For some reasons, the barrel of the beam rifle looks unusually long to me. O_O
The shield is really different form the usual shield designs from previous Gundams. The white armours slide open and reveals clear pink pieces resembling an "X". Well, I got to say that this is really one of the greatest shield design ever!
Those beam parts are from the Unicorn mode and well, this guy looks really great with his sabers. I guess Bandai wants the people to buy the unicorn mode to get these beam parts. Another evil money-milking scheme!
The twin beam tonfas look really cool. With this, this guy wields 4 beam sabers in total. He is surely not one that you can mess with!
The comparision between both Unicorns shows that there's really a great difference in terms of hieght. Just look how tall the destroy mode is! What's more, it is quite hard to believe that they are actually the same suit. Just look at the design of both suits! 
Total pwnage! O_O
So yeah that's all for this post! This kit is really great! However, because of its price, people might think twice before getting it. O_O But still, it will not dissappoint you. I'm really satisfied with it and I finally got the two Unicorns! Now, all is left is the SD one. I will be waiting... ^^
Oh, and lastly, thanks a lot to ChubbyBots for including some of my works in this great video. Be sure to check it out!
Till the next post!

2 Comments:

Blogger chubbybots said...

Haha awesome finish man :D I have the HGUC Unicorn too and I am very pleased with this kit!!

Thanks for the video link back too haha ^^ More gunpla building for you this year man! Cheers!

January 31, 2010 at 4:46 AM  
Anonymous TurbyToddler said...

Yep, the Unicorn is a really great kit! ^^
Too bad, I'm cutting down on Gunpla this year, but still I will try to make this blog the most enjoyable for th readers!

January 31, 2010 at 5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home