Saturday, December 26, 2009

SD Sonsaku Physalis Gundam- Completed!


Whoa.... I bought this kit during late November and I only manage to post the completed model now! Anyway, the Sonsaku is pretty good. Some features of it are just awesome. However, after painting, the thick coat of paint clogs up some of the pegs and acts like glue. Some parts, like the shoulder armour are already stuck and I'm afraid that forcing it to take it out might break the pegs so I refrain from doing so. ^^

Front view.

Rear view.


The Tiger Ball Saber he came with is actually all white. Some painting to it will make it look great. ^^


The 2 giant tonfas that are mounted on the shoulder armours can be used as handheld weapons. In this mode, the mask should come down to cover up Sonsaku's eyes. However, the ones on mine are stuck onto the helmet after painting. >_<


I'm not really sure what is this called, but it resembles the Nuclear cannon GP02A Physalis has. The center part of the thingy can be mounted onto the back of Sonsaku, just like the one on the original GP02A. The two spike thingies on the tonfas are then being mounted to it. Mann... I'm confused.
Overall, this is another must get kit in the Sangokuden line. However, the giant shoulder armours and heavy weapons it have, result in weight issues, The arms like to fall down when holding the big tonfas. And well, I guess that's the only flaw the kit has.
Anyway, before I end this post, lets look at the Yue Jin that I'm still working on. ^^

Still not completed at the moment. Some of the red paints are starting to peel off but I can't fix it yet. I've accidentally added too much water to the paint and when painting, the paint takes a long time to dry and also thinned the ones that's already dried.


See the hand there. The paint isn't working out right. I think it might take some time for the whole kit to be completed as I have to get a new bottle of red paint. >_< Anyway, the rest of the parts are fine, just some tidying and linings to do and all is done!
So yep, that's all for this post.

Till the next post!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home